The objective of this scholarship is to stimulate the study of the medical career in Puerto Rico. The scholarship consists of financial aid to defray part of the applicant’s medical degree tuition. The amount of $ 6,000 will be awarded for tuition payment in the academic semester beginning in the month of August 2020.
The Foundation will award five (5) scholarships until the available funds are exhausted, reaching $ 30,000 for the year 2020.
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY
- Only those students who have been referred by their Dean of Medicine may apply.
- Be a medical student from an accredited educational institution in Puerto Rico.
- Have actively participated in health initiatives with direct impact on the community during the medical career.
- Present a letter of recommendation from the Dean of Medicine of the institution in which you study.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Maintain a minimum average of 3.50.
- Submit an essay (maximum of 500 words, font size 12) explaining how working with the community contributes to your training as a doctor.
HOW TO APPLY?
The application process begins on March 1, 2020 and ends on April 30, 2020. The application can be made electronically by completing the form that will be sent from March 1, 2020 and sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with the recommendation letter from your Dean of Medicine, credit transcript as of December 2019 and a copy of the EFC code from your FAFSA.
- The Foundation will be receiving applications between March 1 and April 30, 2020.
- Only completed applications will be evaluated by the Scholarship Committee, that is, those that have sent all the information as detailed in “Requirements to apply”.
- The Foundation Scholarship Committee will evaluate the merits of the applications and make recommendations to the Board of Directors of the Institution for their ratification.
- The Foundation will notify the acceptance or denial of the scholarship to the applicants on or before May 28, 2020.