The goal of this scholarship is to encourage medical students to become involved in community service throughout their careers. The scholarship consists of financial aid to defray part of the applicant’s medical degree tuition. The amount of $ 6,000 will be awarded for tuition payment in the academic semester beginning in August 2021.
The Foundation will award five (5) scholarships of $ 6,000 each until the available funds are exhausted, reaching $ 30,000 by the year 2021.
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY
- To be eligible for this scholarship, the candidate must be recommended by his Medicine Dean.
- This program is limited to medicine students attending Puerto Rico’s accredited institutions.
- The student must have been an active part of health initiatives with direct impact on the community during the Medical career.
- The student must present a letter of recommendation from the Dean of Medicine of the institution where you are studying.
- The applicant must demonstrate financial need.
- Eligible applicants must demonstrate financial need and a minimum GPA of 3.5.
- Candidate must submit an essay of 500 words (font size 12), explaining the role of community service in medical education.
HOW TO APPLY?
The request is made electronically by completing the form available in the “Fill Request” button.
- The Foundation will be receiving applications between March 1 and April 30, 2021.
- Only complete applications will be evaluated by the Scholarship Committee. That includes those that have sent all the information in “Requirements to apply”.
- The Scholarship Committee of Fundación Intellectus will evaluate the applications and make recommendations to the Board of Directors of the Institution.
- The Foundation will notify the acceptance or denial of the scholarship to the
applicants on or before May 28, 2021.
Deadline: The application process ends on April 30, 2021
April 30, 2021